Monday, March 21, 2011

Literary Response #3 "A Farewell to Arms"

I had an interesting, and rather odd connection with Frederick Henry, the main protagonist, in this book. (I am going to call him Henry in this blog because that is the name he is most commonly referred to in the book.) Henry, while on the Italian World War 1 front was shot in the legs by Austrian soldiers. He hurt his right need pretty badly. He made it to safety and was eventually moved to the American hospital in Milan, Italy because he was an American and had connections with the right people. Henry had to undergo surgeries and had to participate in the 1917 version of physical therapy. His incident connects to my life because I have had an injury to my right knee and I had to have surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment